Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Woodland Stole pictures

Okay as promised here are a few pictures of the Woodland Stole I have been working on. It is being made out of 100% cashmere and feels "divine"!


















Living in the "boonedocks" like I do, we have to go on a half-day trek to get to any "local" yarn and knitting shops. Below is a list of the ones we truly enjoy going too and spending the other half of the day wandering the shops and just having to feel every type of yarn. Even if you aren't planning on buying it, it's still fun to just "touch it". Ain't it? Tell the truth now!

So here are the three in the 100 mile radius of my house, unless I drove two and a half hours to Atlanta and who would want to fight all that traffic! That's taking your life in your own hands driving thru that city...lol!

The Twisted Skeins http://www.twistedskeins.com/

The Needle Tree http://www.theneedletree.com/

Yes Yarn http://www.yesyarn.com/

Twisted Skeins is reorganizing at the present time and are having a great sale on there yarns. Most are 30% off.

So far so good that the deer and rabbits have left my garden plants alone, but time will tell. I bought a repellent for the plants that supposedly keeps the deer, rabbits, groundhogs, dogs and cats, esentially any animal away from it. I was spraying the plants yesterday with it and a gust of wind blew the spray back onto me. Now I know it will even keeps humans away! yucccckkkk!
It smells like rotten eggs and sulphur combined. Just about made me gagg!

We did get the garden in on time though, it's suppose to rain for the next three or four days! Praise the Lord and hallelujah!....lol

Anyway, enough for now, I hope to hear any comments on what you might think of my blog "in the works". I am still very new to this and I'm making it up as I go or flying by the seat of my pants, which is very unlike my "anal" personality. I have to have things fairly neat and well organized. Like to have my day planned without any unexpected surprises! Ha! That'll be the day, but it could happen! Right?



















No comments: