Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Gardens are the rage this year....

With the economy in the tank and with the news scaring the begeezus out of everyone, I've noticed an old way of life becoming new again. I live in the country and during a drive back from the old Lowe's store today, I've noticed a huge amount of people have started gardens this year. It's amazing that the old has become new again. People have always had gardens but it seems there has been a vast increase in them this year!


We have joined the gardens craze too. So far, we have cucumbers, corn, green beans, butter beans, tomatoes, potatoes and cantelopes (yummm!). Now I just need to learn how to can and freeze all this stuff we'll have in a few months. There-in lyes the rub. I don't know much about either. So lots of internet searches and talking with older friends who are pros when it comes to this. (Pictures to follow)


In the knitting area of my life I think I need to actually finish something! I have started about 10-12 projects so far this year and have only completed a shoulder shawl. A very simple shoulder shawl, at that. I am working on the Woodland Stole right now and am determined to finish it and have it be my first decent sized lace project. I am knitting it in 100% cashmere in a beautiful aqua blue. (As usual. pictures to follow)


I plan on posting at least once a week so keep me in mind if you care to join me and my life. It may not be anything fancy but I enjoy it!

No comments: